Your basket is currently empty!
In this post I will share information that will help you understand everything there is about nic salts. The question ‘what are nic salts?’ will be covered in great detail!
Table of Contents
What are Nic Salts?
Nic Salts (or Nicotine Salts), derived from the tobacco plant, are particularly popular for their use in e-cigarettes and its reportedly smoother vaping experience. The natural nicotine salt found within leaf tobacco is what makes this method of nicotine delivery so successful; nic salts e-liquids operate through a surprisingly simple yet complex chemical process. Vapers across the world assert that nic salts bring an unparalleled vaping experience and make it easier to inhale due to its bio-friendly makeup. Reports of smoother throat hits accompany the ability to use higher nicotine concentration e-liquids, with each drag providing a more intense hit, often making low wattage devices desirable for many users.
Nic Salts Vs Traditional Freebase Nicotine
“Freebase” nicotine is simply another word for classic nicotine, which originates from the tobacco plants. Unlike freebase nicotine, nic salt contains a compilation of different organic constituents and binds to these components when mixed with other elements. Therefore, it’s obvious that there are distinct variations between traditional nicotine and what we know as nic salt due to their dissimilar chemical makeups. Numerous trials have been conducted to discover a way of making nic salts even more effective at delivering nicotine, and one such study, by PAX Labs, has proven that they are indeed more efficient. When benzoic acid is added to nic salts the pH level decreases which in turn makes vaping less severe. With these findings it’s clear that we can get maximum benefit from using this form of alternative smoking method.
Benefits of Nicotine Salt E-Liquids
- Cheaper – If you’re looking for an all-around cost-effective vaping solution, nic salts are the way to go! Not only do they provide a more effective nicotine delivery system through your e-cigarette, but they also help you save money in the long run. In other words – less product consumption and that means more cash in your pocket!
- Smooth Throat Hit – You probably don’t give much thought to pH levels, and that’s perfectly fine. However, scientists have carried out research which found that nicotine salts without food-grade benzoic acid absorption rate is lower than other types. Even though there isn’t substantial evidence of it being unsafe yet, the addition of acid will result in a chemical “upgrade” – offering you an instant nicotine rush with smooth hits – making this quite literally a win-win situation!
- Quicker absorption – Nic salts provide a much faster response, leading to quicker absorption into your bloodstream and an overall more enjoyable experience.
- Beginner Friendly – Nic salts are quite practical for people who are new to vaping. They are ready to vape without the need for an additional nic shot and come in compact 10ml TPD bottles that are convenient for carrying. They are designed for low-power gadgets, which are frequently beginners’ first purchases.
- Stealth Vaping – Nicotine salts are ideal for stealth vaping because they don’t produce large clouds or call for large, complicated equipment. Vaping at your convenience is simple with a vaping kit that fits comfortably into a pocket or purse. Additionally, you do not at all smell like you have vaped.
- Different strengths – Nic Salts are available in different nicotine strengths ranging from 3mg all the up to 20 or even more. Nic Salts are also available in a variety of delicious flavours, offering you the perfect combination for your vaping experience. To sum it up, Nic Salts are an effective way to enjoy e-liquids with less throat hit and more nicotine. Nic salts have helped many quit smoking. Furthermore, the availability of choosing your optimal nic salt strength provides you with various choices and allows for a gradual reduction in smoking by completing stages along the nicotine ladder.
Nic Salt E-Liquids for smokers?
For those who are trying to give up smoking and have just taken up vaping, nic salts can be incredibly effective. They let you absorb more nicotine without needing any specialised equipment, plus they provide a smoother draw than freebase nicotine that’s often found too harsh by new vapers starting out. To prevent an intense jolt if you’re using a high-wattage device, consider investing in nic salt juice with lower nicotine. Nic salts originally gained popularity in the United States and became more prominent in the UK as well.
Smooth throat hit
Nic Salts are known for providing smoother throat hits, thanks to benzoic acid that is a part of its chemical makeup. This means that you can vape these nicotine e-liquids at lower temperatures without having an aggressive feeling in your throat. But it doesn’t end there; not only does the vaping experience get better with nic salts but also the satisfaction of nicotine cravings is greater and quicker too compared to traditional e-liquid!
What Vape Kits are best to use with Nic Salts?
Nic Salt E-Liquids have been around for a long time therefore you should rest assured that there are plenty of vape kits that are suitable for use with them. To make life a bit easy, I will list three from a list of vape kits I have used myself!
1. Uwell Caliburn A2
If you’re interested in a smooth, flavourful experience with salt nicotine liquids, look no further than the Uwell Caliburn A2. This low-profile device features a 520mAh battery and can be fired either by draw trigger or just one fire button. Its disposable pods are designed to hold up to 2ml of liquid and deliver an output power of 15W for optimal flavour. And if that’s not enough – this pod system produces a medium-tight MTL draw making it perfect for those who enjoy cigarettes!
2. Voopoo Vinci
For vapers, particularly those who are just starting out or beginners, the Voopoo Vinci pod kit is a brilliant choice. Small yet powerful and easy to use, this starter pack includes an 800mAh battery that can provide up to 15W of power for all-day vaping and a refillable 2ml Vinci pod that you can utilise with any e-liquid flavour you prefer. Don’t let its size fool you; the Voopoo Vinci Pod Kit provides great performance while still being simple enough for anyone to operate!
3. Smok Novo 4 Mini
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced vaper, the Smok Novo Mini 4 pod vape kit is perfect for your needs. Thanks to its powerful integrated 900mAh battery and 6-25W output range, this device can keep up with even the most intense vaping session without having to be recharged too often. In addition, it comes preloaded with a 2ml pod and two 0.9 Ohm coils from the compatible Smok LP1 line so that you can start vaping right away! With all these features combined in one great deal, there’s no better way to enjoy Mouth To Lung (MTL) gear today!
Nic Salt E-Liquid brands available at VapeHub
It is safe to say that all the leading vape brands have nicotine salt e-liquids available within their vast array of products! Some of the brands are listed below:
Time for some frequently asked questions!
Is it safe to consume Nic Salts?
All things considered, inhaling freebase nicotine is probably no riskier than using nic salts. Due to the lack of conclusive human studies on the effects of benzoic acid, which is used to energise nic salts, there have been some questions raised. According to some, nic salt juices may be safer than their more widely used counterparts and unquestionably safer than smoking cigarettes because of the lower amount of vapour inhaled while using nic salts.
Do Vape Disposables contain Nicotine Salt e-liquid?
Most disposables in the market today that contain nicotine are pre-filled with nicotine salt e-liquid. Disposable e-cigarettes are an increasingly popular way to enjoy Nic Salts due to their convenience and affordability. They come in a range of nicotine strengths and flavour profiles, making them perfect for those who would rather not invest in closed or open system devices with pre-made Nic Salt liquids. At VapeHub, we have a fantastic selection of disposable vapes from various brands with some delicious flavours. To make your purchase even sweeter, take advantage of our multi buy deals!
Can I vape Nic Salt E-Liquid from Sub Ohm devices?
Yes, you can however, we would not suggest this because nic salts have a high concentration of nicotine, they are not advised for use with powerful Sub-Ohm devices. Some formulations with lesser strengths have been made specifically for RDA or Sub-Ohm vapers. However, avoid using Sub-Ohm for the most popular strengths and instead enjoy salt-based liquids in disposable puff bars or other vapes that are ideal for nic salts. As a general rule, keep this in mind. Nic Salts are best to be used with pod kits/pod vapes.
What is PG & VG?
When it comes to e-liquids, Propylene Glycol (PG) and Vegetable Glycerin (VG) are the main components. These two elements form the basis of an e-liquid’s thickness, flavor profile, throat hit intensity, and vapor production potential. E-liquids with higher PG concentrations generally have a thinner consistency while producing smaller clouds; if you’re looking for thicker liquids that generate bigger vapors then you should search for those with a high VG ratio.
Quit smoking and start vaping, make the switch today!
If this article helped you out, please share! As always, feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns! We are always happy to help in any way we can!
Want to have a read of more interesting posts in our Geek Zone? Click here.
AR @ vapehub.co.uk